Advertising spending on paid digital media by the U.S. healthcare and pharmaceutical industry was more than $1 billion in 2013 and will rise to $1.47 billion by 2017 (eMarketer). While advertising in this sector remains very complex due to continued privacy concerns and regulatory uncertainty around prescription medicines, it’s vital to have an experienced partner on your side. Silverlight Digital has launched numerous healthcare and pharma brands into the marketplace and can help your company launch its next big campaign.
Silverlight Digital provides a strategic blend of display advertising, search engine marketing (SEM) and digital media buying strategy to attract tourists to many of the top travel destinations in the world. Online travel booking services prefer direct response advertising over branding, investing more in performance advertising than all other industries when it comes to digital spend. According to eMarketer, travel and hospitality is increasing its digital ad spend YOY for 2014 and beyond. Many factors, including the growth of mobile bookings for air travel, hotels, and rental cars, along with increased competition among booking services, will encourage advertisers to turn up the volume.
The retail industry spends a higher percentage of media budget on mobile advertising than any other vertical, period. In fact, a recent analysis by DG MediaMind of 2 billion mobile ad impressions over the course of 11 months, showed the highest clickthrough rates (CTRs) were in retail, compared to seven other verticals. To succeed in mobile advertising, Silverlight Digital emphasizes a blend of what works best: compelling content, appealing mobile display, and simple messaging that grabs the consumer’s attention and drives quicker conversions — whether that means an online purchase, download, or service call.
In the United States alone, almost 5 million students are enrolled in at least one online course while the market for recruiting international students for online courses presents a tremendous opportunity for trade schools, colleges, eLearning, and university programs. According to eMarketer, education is one of the top industries in the world utilizing social media for the recruitment of customers, with 72% of respondents in the education industry indicating they currently implement social media tactics in their digital marketing initiatives. In North America, educators have acquired new customers through social media sites and/or blogs.
The U.S. automotive industry spent over $5 billion in 2013 on digital advertising, and that total is expected to rise to $7.80 billion by 2017—a compound annual growth rate of 12.8% between 2012 and 2017, according to eMarketer. Auto manufacturers, dealerships, parts and aftermarket parts manufacturers will invest approximately 60% of their digital dollars in direct-response efforts in 2014, eMarketer estimates, while brand-focused campaigns will make up the remaining 40%. Search and display will still command the largest chunks of digital spending across the category, with the greatest growth in the areas of mobile, video, social and local.
The real estate industry – including home sales, rentals, and apartments – continues to shift from traditional offline advertising to digital. Legacy print mediums such as newspaper and magazine ads now only account for 14% of the overall market spend while digital accounts for over 56%. This trend is expected to continue as digital platforms such as social media, mobile, video, search and display prove more relevant and cost effective. As the housing sector’s growth continues across the country, real estate advertising as a whole is projected to grow by 9.7% overall to $27.2B, while digital is projected to grow by 16.9% in 2013 to reach $15B in spend (Borrell).
Silverlight Digital has been an ideal strategic planning partner. They truly have a firm understanding of the digital landscape.
We love happy clients. Thanks for helping us make them happy.
Using Silverlight Digital was one of the most valuable moves I made. The professionalism and hands-on interaction by Silverlight Digital has increased my sales of cost-per-click advertising, achieving for Allmenus.com a significant increase over my ROI allowable.
Silverlight Digital provided immediate results and has grown my company’s client roster more substantially and quickly than traditional methods. Square One Prep now reaches a wider global audience and our online visits have increased by 85%.
Silverlight Digital has been instrumental in targeting the desired audience profile for the Caribbean island of Curaçao, within key demographics of focus in the United States. We are pleased with the expertise provided by their capable team.