Google and Silverlight Digital partnered last week to host the first in a series of events planned by the two companies to provide focus on evolving digital advertising strategies in key markets. First up: Pharmaceutical and Healthcare.
Forty-five leaders from New York’s Pharmaceutical and Healthcare digital advertising community were in attendance for a unique half-day educational event at Google’s Eighth Avenue headquarters. The event included a feature presentation from Google’s resident Pharmaceutical and Healthcare expert, Victoria Fabiana. Key takeaways from Victoria’s presentation included:
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare related queries across Google are growing, especially on mobile; mobile searches occurring in retail outlets and at point-of-purchase
- Patients are more likely to ask for a brand name today
- 80% of patients are interested in online health videos and 56% of patients research a health concern directly on YouTube.
Silverlight Digital’s presentation, “Dynamic Success in Google Pharmaceutical Advertising” featured Lori Goldberg (CEO) and Sandra Leung (Senior Manager of Search). The presentation illustrated the complexities of evolving Google and FDA regulations, coupled with the high expectations of creative agencies. Some key takeaways included:
- Boosting a brands authority can be achieved with specific keywords and trademark symbols
- Keyword testing determines what’s important to consumers when buying medications
- Day-parting can lift sales and focus adverting budgets with greater ROI
- Youtube ads can boost consumer interactions
- Google’s notion of “micro-moments” lead to more defined interactions and conversions
The event afforded attendees access to ask Google’s team about the latest products, regulatory procedures and strategic insights related to Pharmaceutical and Healthcare digital advertising. Google lent three of their managers on the panel, including Pablo Mejia, Timothy Jordan and Marisa D’Amelio.
Google and Silverlight are currently planning our next event for early 2016. If you and your organization would like to receive an invitation, please contact Michael Ackerman at mackerman (at) silverlightdigital (dot) com.